View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 10:39 AM   #432
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, they have launched the Rookie Premiere program in MUT 22, mainly as a vehicle to get people interested in buying Madden 23. It's a program designed to get you doing stuff and spending coins/money to get special rookie cards, that are useful this year but then grant you something of value next year (a pretty good version of next year's rookies who can help your MUT team right away).

The thing is, this adds to the silliness of MUT as anything like a historic representation. They gave one rookie card to each franchise so the Dolphins get LB Channing Tindall, ok, fine. But to make that card (or any of these) relevant this deep into the endgame, it needs to be tip-top quality, a 99.

Contrast that with DE Jason Taylor, a longtime Dolphin with a pretty solid HOF case. He was in the game this year but his best card was a 94. So as I built my "best actual Dolphins" roster right now, I end up with DE Taylor as a relative liability while some fourth rounder with a nice 40-yard time is a rock solid build-around sort of guy. Got it.

Anyway... I'm all but resigned to sticking with this franchise, so in all likelihood I will be collecting the rookie cards to get the tokens or whatever it is that propels me to goodies in August. Hooray.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote