View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 08:49 PM   #942
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
HRC was more unlikable in the places that mattered. Trump was more unlikable in the other places that didnt matter as much. Thus, HRC wins the popular vote and Trump wins the Electoral College. And we know what matters more. And guess what is going to happen in 2020?

The Dems have not put up anyone that gets people buzzing. They NEED an Obama type, not a HRC type. Shoot, they have HRC in Biden and Warren and Sanders, old white people. That doesnt ignite the Dems.

I think Warren and Sanders at least offer platforms that are likeable & motivating to much of the Dem base, whereas Hillary practically trotted out "more of the same?" with a half-interested shrug.

Biden seems to have borrowed Hillary's playbook and hopes he can kind of coast into the nomination by not committing to anything and playing Devil's advocate to everybody else's platform, and he'll bother figuring out his own platform when he gets there. In that case I will agree with you, that seems like a horrible strategy if you're trying to maximize Dem turnout. I guess it's an effective strategy for NOT electrifying the Republican base, but that also seems like playing to lose.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 11-08-2019 at 08:52 PM.