View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 10:46 AM   #307
QuikSand
lolzcat

Very fair question. My son likes to play challenges, so we have been bonding over that here and there. He likes easy ones, I like hard ones. He's 8, I am no longer 8.

I have the Madden Companion App on my phone and iPad, and fiddle with it for a little bit here and there, multiple trimes, every day. I would not be anywhere near as effective in MUT as I am if it were not for the app, which is information-loaded beyond what is accessible in-game, and much easier to simply pick up for ten minutes between meetings, etc.

I'd guess I spend 5 hours a week in the app (or on MUT related websites), and maybe another 3-5 on the console. It's not a hobby you can really push without some investment of time.

This year they seem to have decided to add a lot more "free reward" players for those who engage with the game at least a bit... like right now each week if you play two pretty easy challenges, you get a free 90-rated Team of the Week card (that cannot be sold, auctioned, traded, or used in sets) -- so they are definitely keeping the low-time-investment players involved enough that they don't just walk away for lack of any degree of competitiveness.

I honestly don't think I recommend this as a hobby. I'm too compulsive and can't let it go, I spend too much time with this given the real world competition for my hours of attention.

Last edited by QuikSand : 11-29-2021 at 10:46 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote