View Single Post
Old 12-23-2021, 11:03 PM   #348
QuikSand
lolzcat

As a rule, I philosophically don’t like the “Out of Position” element that has taken hold in Madden. I presume, years and years ago, this started out as a tiny novelty… A Randall Cunningham card as a punter, because he famously punted once or twice in real NFL games. Now, it is a centerpiece of multiple waves of contents over the course of the year… And serious players always look forward to specific players, like a Calvin Johnson playing free safety, which appears to be an annual renewal now. It doesn’t really map to anything in the real world.

So, this is a substantial element of the current promotion, zero chill, and there are a couple waves of out of position players newly available. I just don’t like it. It doesn’t feel like real football, it feels like a clown show.

Now, that said… It appears that tomorrow there is a 92 rated Odell Beckham Jr. card, where he is slotted as a half back with excellent receiving skills. That appears to be a general void in the game, there just are not very many running backs who are especially good in that regard. So, if this card gets Brown’s chemistry… And that is not clear to me whether it will… Then it could be a genuinely interesting card to play. So, I could suck up myTheoretical and philosophical objections, and knuckle under and see whether this is an interesting card.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote