View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 02:42 PM   #85
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
Just had a 90-minute group video chat with my brother, both sisters and my parents. We see each other every week actually, but this modern communication stuff makes it somewhat easier to get through these social distancing times. We kicked off with everybody cooking in their respective kitchens, then all eating together, then some small talk, how's working at home, family gossip including first couple of COVID-19 scares in the family (hospitalized, no test results yet), annual family reunion (my mother's) in May called off (for the first time since it began in 1976), then back to small talk and eventually each going their own way. I didn't talk much, just seeing us altogether (even through this) was good enough. If you get the chance, do it, because you never know.

Glad to hear you're able to connect with the family MIJB! I will also recommend using video chat; my dad set up a Zoom meeting for our extended family yesterday morning, and it was wonderful for my mom to be able to see all the family and chat with everyone.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote