View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 08:10 AM   #1
Edward64
Head Coach

The Mandalorian & other Star Wars series

I've only read positives on Mandalorian. It's probably the best series I've watched in recent years and glad s2 (so far) is even better than s1. A good balance of action, writing & funny dialogue, special effects, and personal interaction between Mando and baby Yoda (who has great facial expressions).

Still wondering if/how the Mandalorian eat (probably don't) and drink (have to, right?) in public though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Watched Mandalorian s2 ep3. Fantastic series so far, is it time to create it's own thread?

IMO s2 is better than s1. In s1 there were extras but so far in s2, it's pretty much focused on Mando & baby Yoda. We are seeing more personal interactions between the two and learning more about baby Yoda. Have to re-watch s1 but I think we are seeing more baby Yoda facial expressions which is great.

ep3 pays homage to Pirates of the Caribbean (and again, a little more to last week's Aliens). I like how Disney is doing this.

Fantastic to see Starbuck in a major production vs the el-cheapo Netflix sci-fi specials. Very cool that there is apparently a moderate-vs-radical "the way" angle (Disney writers must be reading FOFC). Very interested in learning more of Starbuck's backstory and seeing that arc progress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Make a thread, Edward. Your idea, you get the honor.

Last edited by Edward64 : 08-22-2023 at 06:20 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote