View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 04:18 PM   #2671
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I don't know what the SEC would do with the lower level schools in the conference. Guessing there is some contract with the schools currently involved.

Arkansas is bad now, but not egregious for the conference from a historical perspective. South Carolina seems to be improving. Vandy is a strange fit but I feel like maybe the conference likes to have an elite academic school in there for credibility.

I'd probably argue that Arkansas today probably has a better claim to elevation than SC. That comes from a conversation we had here in the batcave about what's reasonable vs overachieving at a number of programs, those 2 and Kentucky being among them.

But none are more than a bad hire away from being disaster areas again (which can happen to anybody ... Bama wandered in the desert for quite a while not THAT long ago)

And there isn't really a scenario where Vandy football should remain in a futuristic SEC, nor really one where I believe they'd really want to.