View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 08:50 AM   #238
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Big-block programming today, so you know what that means....

I'm in fast-sim lockdown (for at least the next 4 hours)

Before diving in, I cleaned up a few more lingering interface and trade AI issues. Parry is still being offered to anyone with a decent OL asset, but he's the only weird one now. While I was at it, I even included some basic AI for the teams to start shopping players who aren't worth their contracts. (the beginnings of AI cap management)

I also started setting the Treefrogs season strategy!

I'm going to continue my pattern of changing offense every season, by switching from the Gator to the Spider offense. We're dropping the 4th OL and adding a 3rd WR to the starting lineup. I like switching offense because it lets me get a good look at all the plays and playbooks. There are a few teams that run the Spider package, so that playbook could use some love.

On defense, I have to make some real change. I'm sticking with Poston (LB) and Buckles (LB/S) because they have elite speed and are still pretty young. I have 1 good DL (Eddy) and nothing else. I can't bring myself to abandon defense and go to a Offense+ST strategy. I'd rather give up consistent kick returns for TD than let teams march down the field all day on me.

It's probably not a wise move long-term, but I'm riding Faulkner until he falls apart. So that means my top 4 players are all locked in. After that, everyone is up for grabs.
  • My top asset is OL Mathew. He's elite, but a 1-way player. Right now, teams are starved for OL talent and I could get a haul for him. I'm going to try and flip him for a CB1 that can fill in at either WR3 or a top ST.
  • OL Cerda is probably my next best asset. I'd like to land a DL2 or a CB2 for him.
  • CB Muse is probably going to get flipped for some lesser OL talent to fill in for moving Mathew and Cerda.
  • I doubt there's a market for anyone else on my roster, but if I can upgrade anywhere on defense I'll do it.

I've learned over the last 2 seasons that my players aren't as valuable as I thought, so my overall talent level is probably going to suffer. I can live with that as long as my style of play gets better.

Besides, it's not like we're winning many playoff games with this roster the way it is. #nologo