Thread: F*^$ Cancer
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 12:47 PM   #708
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
Last I left you guys here several pages ago, my oldest brother completed his chemo treatments and rang the bell. He had been symptom free for several months after, until May of this year. He went to the ER with abdominal pain and blood in his stool. Turns out the cancer came back and moved to his abdomen.

He was going through a second round of chemo, more aggressively, but he was still experiencing severe pain. Surgery was too high a risk, and the chemo wasn't appearing to work.

This morning, he called me from his home in Seattle, telling me that the cancer is terminal, and he will no longer receive treatments. This was not really surprising news to me, from reading the recent texts relayed between his wife and my sister (who's a nurse), but it was a phone call I dreaded to receive.

My brother is in good spirits, with a sense of relief and acceptance. But his voice was still showing the fight he is still going through with the pain and spasms. It's hard hearing him like this.

This will most likely be my last update on this, as you all understand what's to come next. Just a matter of time.

I'm asking for your prayers for peace and comfort for my brother, and for prayers for love and compassion for his family (wife and teenaged daughter). Thanks, everyone.

I'm really sorry to hear this. It's awful.

I lost my younger brother to cancer almost two years ago now. He was only 42 and left behind his wife and two kids. I think about him every day and don't think I've yet to fully process what it's all meant.

I wish you and your family all of the best.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote