Thread: F*^$ Cancer
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 12:41 AM   #724
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

For those who might wonder (and haven't been privvy to the details as this developed)

2 months ago her scans were all clear.

About 4 weeks ago Will noticed something like a knot (think a really bad bump on the head kind) on the crown of her head. It was sore'ish for 2-3 days, then literally no pain or out of the ordinary sensation at all. It got a little bigger, currently maybe the length of my fist, raised maybe 50-60 percent of an egg in height.

She had CT scan coming up, but of course it didn't include her head (it went toes to neck). Preliminary report found nothing visible, but radiologist official report noted a 2 cm soft tissue mass "near" the previous hip repair. Those combined to warrant a PET scan early this week (first appt she could get)

He was going to save us a drive into midtown (currently takes about 2.5 hours to do that 50-60 mile trip, traffic is back to pre-Covid levels) and call on Tuesday evening, he even phoned us last Friday to see if that worked for us. No call came. None Wednesday either. Confirmed Thursday morning that he'd call after last patient on Thursday evening.

We knew some stuff was coming -- but doc was optimistic after the CT that we could just zap whatever was there easily enough. We weren't fully prepared for just how much stuff showed up.

And, to be fair, neither was the doc. (that was evident in the call, he was almost shaken, and felt absolutely awful to have so much rough news to deliver)