View Single Post
Old 05-08-2023, 03:53 PM   #107
Edward64
Head Coach

Good luck this Thu Joe.

Southern border braces for migrant surge with just days to go before Title 42 expires | CNN
Quote:
US Customs and Border Protection has already seen an uptick in migrants crossing the border with Mexico, with more than 8,000 daily encounters, according to a Homeland Security official – a number that officials predict could reach 10,000 once Title 42 is lifted. There are around 25,000 migrants in custody, the official said, straining processing facilities that are already over capacity.

“I think that there is no question that this is going to be extremely challenging,” Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said Friday in Brownsville, Texas, during a visit to the Rio Grande Valley. “I do not want to understate the severity of the challenge that we expect to encounter.”
But deep down, I doubt the government really is ready for this crisis. Hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

Quote:
But federal officials have long been preparing for the end of Title 42, Mayorkas stressed, saying the government was ready.

“We have a plan. We are executing on that plan.”

Last edited by Edward64 : 05-08-2023 at 03:54 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote