View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 01:49 AM   #173
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I am confused on the story. So does my character go into the fallout shelter in 2077 or whatever and come out 200 years later? It confuses me because the game always had a 1940's feel to it but maybe Fallout is it's own world where you have old school TVs in 2077 but talking robots.

Pretty much the latter. Culture - I mean as in pop culture type stuff - basically stopped somewhere in the late 40s or so.

Here's a pretty basic synopsis of the universe timeline
Warning: the full version of the timeline linked below DOES have spoilers from the other games mentioned

Get ready for Fallout 4 with this Fallout timeline | Games | Geek.com

Here's the relevant snippet for your question
Quote:
Everything up to the end of World War II: Business as usual.
1950s and 1960s: Rock and roll never happened. America never got past tailfins on cars.
1961: The first man in space is American Captain Carl Bell.
1969: The United States of America is partitioned into thirteen commonwealths across the 50 states. It’s a mid-level distinction between state and nation, though the United States remains a single country for the purpose of becoming a world superpower. Also, Captain Richard Wade, Mark Garris, and Michael Hagen become the first men to set foot on the moon.