View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 02:52 PM   #214
hoopsguy
General Manager

We will have 9 scholarships available for this class. With that few available we probably can't go "Best Available Athlete" too much.

Position by position, here is how I see the roster:

QB: Edwards gets his chance to run the team, no backups to challenge him at all in current talent or potential. Huge need area.

HB: Brown is almost a sure thing to leave, in my opinion. But Dawson will do a nice job for us this year. We have some durability worries with Dawson (49) so it would be very good to bring in a quality backup if possible.

FB: Only two on roster, one is a senior. Would be happy to add a player here as well, if possible.

WR: Six on the roster, five are upperclassmen. But no PT to be had, this will be a need position next season.

TE: Three on roster, two with talent. Not at all a need.

OT: We have four excellent players, 3 JRs and one redshirt Soph. No OT this year.

OG: Two developing talents, but there is playing time to be had as backup. Would definitely like to add one player at this position.

C: One good player, adequate backup, and dogshit senior. Would take the right center, if available.

DE: Banducci graduates after this year. Smith (JR) and Phil Patten (SO) give us some options at the position. I would be OK with a backup at this position.

DT: No depth behind our two sophs. Would like to add at least one guy here.

ILB: McCullough, who has been a standout on our defenses, may be the 4th guy at this position as other people have clearly caught up to him (including Ben Arthur!)

OLB: Stud position, four very good ones and no seniors.

CB: Three good sophs, four adequate backups. Would take a difference maker here if he had good grades - Jackson and McCallister are both pretty close to 2.0.

S: 7 on roster and we are graduating three seniors. Think this will be an area to target next season.

K: None on roster. Obvious need.

P: Senior starter, terrible backup. Need.

So, we need:
K, OG, QB, DT, HB, P, FB, C, CB, DE

That is ten positions for nine scholarships. Lets see how this plays out.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote