View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 08:33 PM   #3
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Coaching Staff

-- Things look pretty bleak on the coaching front upon my arrival, with a goalie coach, a regular coach, a chief scout and a head physio on staff, along with a team doctor and two reserves coaches. I decide to let all of them go except for the doctor (who can’t be fired by the looks of it) and the two reserves coaches, with their jobs only saved due to the fact my board indicates I won’t be able to replace them should I let them go.

-- I begin my search for coaches and staff who are willing to work for free and I’m pleasantly surprised by some of the talented folks looking to get into football at the ground level. I make offers to fill the following vacant positions: Assistant Manager, Coaches X2, Head Physio, Physio, Chief Scout, Scout, Head of Youth Development, Reserves Manager, U18 Manager and a U18 Assistant Manager. I’m guessing I won’t be able to secure them all, but we’ll see what happens. I elect against hiring a Director of Football for the time being but may change my mind down the road.

Transfers IN

-- I’ll talk much more about my players in another post, but I get a note from the club’s Managing Director, Christine Wright, about some recent signings made by our predecessor.

GK - Jordan Hart (from Ayr) – 22 years old
GK - Jack Dunlop (Free) – 20 years old
DC - Gerry McLauchlan (from Cowdenbeath) – 29 years old
DC - Lewis Magee (Free) – 18 years old
DR - James Grant (Free) – 18 years old
DR - Gavin Lachlan (Free) – 26 years old
DM - Gregor Fotheringham (from Camelon) – 24 years old
MC - Jamie McKernon (from Glenafton) – 26 years old
AML - Smart Osadolar (from Clyde) – 27 years old
AMC - Kurtis Roberts (from Kilbirnie Ladeside) – 23 years old
AMR - Scott McLean (from Albion Rovers) – 20 years old
AMR - Adam Martin (from Alloa) – 20 years old
ST - Lewis Hawke (from FC Bulleen Lions) – 24 years old
ST - Josh Peters (from Forfar) – 21 years old

-- That’s a lot of new faces and you can bet there will be more once I start assessing the entire squad. Again, I’ll have more on these guys and the entire team in another post but it looks like we made some useful signings here.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote