View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 11:27 PM   #62
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbee
My first thought is that since these were 'accidents' he doesn't feel a need to say he is sorry. If he intentionally got syrup on the carpet, I'm guessing an "I'm sorry" would follow. Since he didn't intend to leave the car door open, and since no harm was done, he probably doesn't think there is a need for an "I'm sorry."

In many of those types of cases an outright apology isn't really expected. An "oops" or anything at all acknowledging the fact that something wasn't the way it should be would be perfectly fine with me. It's one of those things when, no matter how brief the comment/lecture/lesson may be, he just gives you a dull stare that seems to imply that he just wants you to shut up so he can go play.

The ones that come to my mind are times when he has left something of mine or oliegirl's downstairs where the dog can(and inevitably does) eat it. He'll act like he's mad at us for having him pick up the mess, and certainly shows no remorse for allowing something that wasn't his to get destroyed(another constant battle, if it's not his, it's pretty much worthless, course that's one of the ones where I certainly remember being that way as a kid so it's easier for me to deal with).
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote