View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 11:34 AM   #98
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Thought you'd get a kick out of this.

Saturday night the community center near my house hosted a haunted house. Andrew, my five year old, desperately wanted to go. I knew he was too young, but thought I'd let him find out for himself.

So we went, waited in line (in the rain) for 45 minutes, and finally walked inside. I told him "nothing in here is real, it's just people dressed up to scare you, okay?" He nodded his head.

We walk into the first room. It's thick with fog, and you can barely see a casket in the middle of the room. We're standing there, I'm holding his hand, and the casket starts to rock. Andrew immediately says "I want to go!" I pick him up and tell him it's not real, but that I'll hold him and if he wants to go we can. After a minute, the casket opens up, but Andrew can't see it because his head is buried in my shoulder. The ghoul walks around, then climbs back into the casket.

We go into the next room, and Andrew wants to get down. As soon as his feet touch the floor, a guy in a sheet walks up towards him. Andrew climbs me like I'm a ladder, perching on my shoulder and yells "Let's get out of here!" So we left.

Time spent in line: 45 minutes. Time spent in the haunted house: 3 minutes.

The kicker is, after we left he immediately started bugging me to go rent a scary movie for him.