View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 12:58 PM   #98
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Macro and I had a very interesting game. His rushing offense was 1st in the nation (I think) while our passing game was tops in the nation but we had a role reversal. We ran the ball very effectively and while he ran the ball well, his passing was deadly too. We went back and forth early but a pick gave us a chance to build a good lead. Unfortunately, we fumbled it away. We managed to force a fumble later in the half and had a chance to build a big lead going into the half, but a bad pick (on a nice play by his MLB) led to a change of momentum. Macro marched down the field including an incredible highlight catch TD, break two tackles, and rumble into the endzone to make it 35-35 at the half.

In the 2nd half, the pace of play and the offenses slowed down a bit and we managed to take a 56-42 lead in the 4th but Macro marched right down the field again. His offense was very impressive. We managed to get the onside kick and we ran out the final 2 minutes for a tense 56-49 win.

It was an amazing game! Slugfest for both of us, I just had no answer for the USC run game.