View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 11:57 PM   #262
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Barclays Premier League Awards

-- For the FIFTH consecutive year, Enrique wins the English Footballer of the Year award, with Omar Hernandez and Yaya Sanogo from Manchester United coming in second and third respectively.

-- In perhaps one of the biggest honours for our club, Gianluca Bolis is named as the Players' Player of the Year winner!!! Arsene Bamba comes in second and Chelsea's striker Romelu Lukaku comes in third. Wow!!!

-- Sheffield Wednesday forward Steve Pates wins the Players' Young Player of the Year award, with Chelsea teammates Luis Carballo and Aziz El Arabi coming in second and third.

-- Malky Mackay wins the Manager of the Year award for his fine performance leading Sheffield Wednesday. After winning the award last year, I finish in second this time and City's Carlo Ancelotti finishes third.

-- Barclays Premier League Players' Team of the Year
GK - Antonio, Reading
DL - Danny Wilson, Manchester City
DC - Kevin Renton, Aston Villa
DC - Nchimunya Munyao, Arsenal
DR - Daniel Schwaab, Manchester City
ML - Arsene Bamba, Dover
MC - Omar Hernandez, Manchester United
MC - Enrique, Manchester City
MR - Gianluca Bolis, Dover
ST - Yaya Sanogo, Manchester United
ST - Romelu Lukaku, Chelsea

Woooo!!! Bamba and Bolis both make the English Players' Premier League Select team!

Yearly Dover Training Summary

-- I get positive reports on Gianluca Bolis, Salim Loucif and Renato Gaucho (second year in a row for Renato Gaucho).

-- Negative reports come in for injured midfielder Shaun Spall and veterans Wayne Rooney and Samir Nasri.

-- On the youth side, Eddie Robinson, Damian Thorne and Ben Lee get positive reports and MR Pete Smith gets the extra mention for his significant improvements made in training.

Youth Recruitment Investment

-- The board announce that plans to improve our youth recruitment network have begun and we should see this completed in about a month.

FA Cup Final

-- Holy crap Reading! They beat Arsenal 1-0 to win their SECOND CONSECUTIVE FA Cup! That means they gain qualification into the Europa League once again and despite finishing 6th in the league, Chelsea are OUT OF CONTINENTAL PLAY for 2022/23!!!

-- We pay out £67,000 in bonuses to our squad for our sixth round FA Cup run.

-- Arsenal fire their manager Ertugrul Saglam and I'm named as the top candidate. Going against form, I publicly deny any interest in the position. Considering what I've done with Dover, there's no job in the world that I'd be interested in at this point - I really think I can keep building with Dover.

Champions League Final

-- Man City wins 1-0 over Olympique Lyonnais to win their FOURTH straight Champions League title. After the game, significant praise is bestowed on Carlo Ancelotti for the win and he's now considered to be the most successful manager in football history…high praise indeed.

-- WOOO! We are given £18,116,000 for Champions League television revenue!!! Holy CRAP!! We are now in the black for our fiscal year and our revenue has simply EXPLODED this year, as we eclipse the £100 million mark in turnover. Our bank balance is currently north of £34 million as well. Money money money MONEY!!!

-- We pay out bonuses totalling £400,000 for our quarterfinal appearance in the Champions League to the players.

-- Next year's final will be played in England at Zola Stadium.

-- Enrique once again is named the competitions Best Player. Olympique Lyonnais' Maximillian Geiger wins the Golden Boot competition for the event.

International Call-Ups

-- Eight players get called up by their respective countries: Louis Read (England U19s), Emmerson Harvey and Jonathan Adam (England U21s), Zoltan Bardi (Hungary), Salim Loucif (Algeria), Arsene Bamba and Youssouf Sylla (Ivory Coast) and Paulus Tjiuoro (Namibia).

Dover Shareholders Payout

-- Dividends totalling £4.5 million will be paid to our shareholders on turnover of approximately £107 million this year. What an explosive year for revenue!

Dover Contracts Expiring

-- Only two youth players have expiring contracts: GK Garry Doyle and MF Matt Hewitt. Both are pretty horrible players and I'll be letting them go without a new deal.

-- I still have 13 staff members with expiring contracts and I'll have to get to those in short order.

New Manager Contract

-- I sign a three year extension with the club and see my salary skyrocket once again, this time from £24,500 per week to £43,500/week! Our chairman is delighted to have me commit to the club until 2026.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote