View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 11:13 AM   #284
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Sun. July 24, 2022

Preseason Friendly
PSV (Holland Eredivisie) vs. Dover
Philips Stadion, Eindhoven, Holland

PSV have a storied history and are 21-time Eredivisie champions but haven't won since 2008 and haven't finished runners up since 2004. They were 8th last season and won't be taking part in continental play for the first time in years.

Lots of changes to our lineup today. Said Henni will see his first start at striker alongside his buddy and partner over at Anderlecht Chiquinho. 17 year old Gian Marco Fanfoni will start at midfield for the first time alongside fellow Italian Andrea Rocca and completing the Italian trifecta will be winger Gianluca Bolis, making his first appearance since returning from injury. Carlos Guzman and Mohamed Lamine Yilmaz will start on defence and newcomer Kostas Zagos will play right fullback. Manuel Perez is in goal today.

Dover: 4-4-2 Control
GK - M. Perez
D - C. Guzman, M. Yilmaz, R. Hamon, K. Zagos
M - A. Bamba, G. Fanfoni, A. Rocca, G. Bolis
S - S. Henni, Chiquinho

PSV 1 - 3 Dover
Goals - Chiquinho 2 (9.3), Said Henni (8.9)
Assists - Said Henni 2, Chiquinho
Man of the Match - Chiquinho
Other Dover Notables - Kostas Zagos (7.4), Rayane Hamon (7.2), Carlos Guzman (7.2)
Attendance - 11,140

Another solid game and it was truly the Henni and Chiquinho show, as they combined for six points. Chiquinho is up to a LUDICROUS 5 goals and 4 assists in three preseason games!!! We held 53% of possession and outshot them 25-16 (8-6 on target).

Loan OUT

-- New signing Orlando Scolari heads to Leverkusen on a season-long loan. Hopefully he gets some decent playing time - he's 20 years old and has some decent ability. I'm still trying to loan out fellow youngster Rogelio Garcia but he's been rejecting all comers so far.

Transfer News

-- HOLY SHIT! Manchester City star Enrique, who has tormented me for years, is heading to Barcelona in a £70,000,000 transfer! WOW!!! It is by far the largest transfer ever in this gaming world, eclipsing the £55 million transfer of Spanish Canadian Juan Ramon Vazquez from Palermo to…Barcelona. In fact, Barcelona have four of the five highest transfers in this game. I can't even fathom Enrique working a strike partnership with Pascal Reinhardt…sick! In the end, this works out in our favour but I imagine young Jelle Hoegee will get back into the starting lineup more often after barely coming off the bench last year. He's wildly talented as well.

Next Up

-- We stay on the road as we travel to Watford to face this perennial Championship level squad.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote