View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 08:48 AM   #401
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
Just crazy... That is one of my home resorts and I know exactly where this happened. The beach has direct access to the water in that area and while there are no swimming signs posted it is very easy to get near or in the water. Having said that it does not surprise me that an alligator was near there as I have seen them on the lagoon. Being central Florida I always assumed everyone knows about gators but maybe there was not direct knowledge or the family just wasn't prepared to encounter one. I know on the disboards there are people who are astounded that alligators are within the lagoon. Really people? I do feel for this family.. Just tragic.

We've seen them several times when going to Disney. It's somewhat like tornadoes in the Midwest. Yes, they don't happen very often, but you still have to be aware of the dangers. In this instance, there's not much they could do. We went with our friends to the same resort and goofed around on the same beach in the sand. This is a pic of my friend's daughter on the beach. Most of the time we just were at the pool because there's a bar in there for the big kids.

The movies are a very popular thing at the resorts. They're obviously going to have to move them inside the resort further away from the lagoon going forward.

Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote