View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 09:00 AM   #402
PilotMan
Head Coach

This is such an awful story. Just gut wrenching. But I couldn't help but think about the reaction to this and the reaction to the Cincy Zoo event.

Both involve 3 yr olds. Both involved those kids being where they shouldn't. Yes, I know one kid jumped a fence and crawled where he shouldn't and that's crazy, but here a parent was letting the child play where it was posted no swimming. Not the same at all, but not that different either.

You had the zoo have to kill the gorilla, a zoo raised animal, but wild nonetheless. Here you have game and wildlife kill 4 wild gators to try and find the remains.

I was appalled at the hate from the Zoo incident. Where are those same people now? Is this situation so incredibly different? Gators just don't deserve the love that gorillas do? Because of that whole shared ancestry thing. Ok, I can buy that.

My point is, that this situation, just emphasizes what incredible douchebags those people who were calling for the kid to be killed or the Mom to have to watch that because she let her kid get away from her.

I can't even imagine how painful this whole experience is for the parents. Did they have other kids with them too, or just the little girl? I'm not sure that my wife and I could ever recover from this.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote