View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #47
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quick Update - I have some news to pass along and because of that I figured I'd go ahead and give an update on the kids...

Bear missed practice as scheduled on Monday. It was funny but my wife said he really was moping around about having not gone. Last night (Wednesday), he was back in the water, working hard and looking good.

Bailey did a much better job at practice last night of fixing the funny move she has with her left wrist. It was a little stiff in the execution, but the hand position as it entered the water was good, and the more she does it the more it will become natural.

Not the real reason for the update...

Brett was forced to miss practice yesterday. We (parents) found out that he had failed to turn in a couple of pretty big assignments in Science class. The failure to do the work wasn't that it was too hard (one of the assignments was a study guide for a test he got a 100 on that he didn't study for), just that he felt it was unnecessary (here is that stubburn streak again). He was told that until he got caught up in all his work (and at this point the teacher may not even accept the assignment, but he is going to do it regardless), he won't be allowed to swim. He was very upset about missing practice, but we had to send the message that school comes first.

Now he could have completed the work last night, but the arguing, pouting and lack of effort prevented that from occuring. He did attempt to get the work done (sort of), but what he did do, didn't meet my standards (and I told him, you don't want it to get to a point where I am involved or you'll work significantly harder than if you had done it when you were supposed to). He should get the work finished tonight and be able to practice tomorrow, but that doesn't mean he will...he is just as likely to die on his sword by continuing to say what he did was good enough...

Unfortunate timing...but not surprising. We have similar issues to this several times every year.

Last edited by Breeze : 01-19-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote