View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 05:13 PM   #3
QuikSand
lolzcat

The plan suffers initially. I'll skip the details, but it take a while just to set up a proper "model the NFL" league in this game, including making some non-obvious choices. I finally get it set up, in a league titled the LeagueNameFL4. reflecting the multiple start-over cycles required to get it right. Rough start.

Anyway, I want to zoom through the first season, and put my Dolphins in more or less the position they'll be in after the real 2019 season. That means trading away a few of their last-to-go assets, S Fitzpatrick, RB Drake, TE O'Leary. I make trades for all three (not as good as the deals the real Dolphins got) but the plan is those extra picks will help with a rapid youth movement I'm anticipating in the coming offseason.

Sadly, my hopes are dashed. After we finish our glorious 2-14 season (props there), I launch the new season, and I can't find any of the newly acquired draft picks as being assigned to my team. Not sure where it went wrong... in the "trade players" window, you can assemble a trade offer, and when you offer it, the rival team may reject it with a tiny explanation, or else... well, nothing. It just seems to "happen." I presumed that everything went through in the moment, and that I'd have all these extra 2020 draft picks, but apparently not. So, I'll try to pay closer attention next time, I suppose.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote