View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 11:41 AM   #846
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deattribution View Post
It's not breaking news really since it was basically just a matter of time ...

Just to clarify the reason I posted it the way I did was that, while anyone following the situation knew that the break was imminent, there had been a good bit of speculation about exactly how it would be handled & exactly when it would be made official.

And just to clarify further (although nobody asked), my reference to whether it was work or shoot was meant in terms of whether TNA knew in advance that the NWA would act yesterday, whether the slams directed at Angle & Sting were known in advance, etc. I hadn't really gotten any impression that anybody with the NWA was upset or actually even disappointed about TNA's decision not to renew the agreement (indeed, I've actually had one promoter tell me that he thought it would actually serve him better) so I was at least the tiniest bit surprised about the tone of the announcement leaving me to wonder if that was all kayfabe or if it was genuinely meant as a parting shot).

Meanwhile, I'm quite curious to see who ends up winning the forthcoming NWA title tournament. I have to think that Bryan Danielson would be the odds-on favorite, but I get the feeling that both Adam Pearce and Brent Albright also have a shot with maybe Aaron Aguilera being the best darkhorse. I don't really see Psicosis, Nelson Creed, or Chad Parham getting the nod nor any of the others who've been mentioned as possible/likely tournament entries so far.

The problem, of course, with any of the three I consider favorites is that they're working for ROH right now (as well as at least one NWA promotion each). I can't see the NWA wanting their World Champion to lose even non-title matches in another promotion, likewise I can't see ROH wanting to have their booking hands tied or even marginally restricted by anybody else's needs. Could that end up opening the door for someone other than AmDrag/Pearce/Albright to end up winning the title after all?