View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 11:03 AM   #282
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
I'd call my step-mom pretty representative for that class of voter. 60'ish, works part time, middle class. She occasionally finds her way onto facebook, has heard of twitter, but never used it, and sure as hell hasn't heard of tumblr.

It's not that controversial a statement to say the average voter (which skews older) is less social media savvy than pretty much everyone you come into contact with, Isiddiqui.

But does she read news or watch TV that references Twitter? Has she heard of Trump claiming "I was right" about Muslims (basically) after the Orlando bombing? Because that came directly from Twitter. Most people didn't actually see it on Twitter - they saw it on cable news or their local newspapers reporting on it or other politicians referencing it.

Edit: For example, I've never seen a Trump tweet directly on Twitter. I see them when they are shared on Facebook, reported on by CNN, reported in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution or the New York Times, mentioned to me by coworkers who saw them on whatever news they receive.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 06-17-2016 at 11:14 AM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote