View Single Post
Old 09-22-2003, 12:14 AM   #22
-Panther
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug5984
I really hope you decide to keep this dynasty going next season and do expand it to add more depth! I really enjoy reading the hattrick dynasty reports. I have been tossing around the idea of doing my own dynasty report- once you get into the flow of it and have everything setup how many hours do you normally put in a week working on the dynasty?

actually, right now I don't put in 'too' much time. I check daily for daily updates to see if TS changed, Injuries healed, supporter gains, etc... Other than that, it takes me anywhere from 30-40 minutes on match days, training, and weekly updates.

So on average, I'd say I spend about 4 hours a week updating the dynasty. I spend more time trying to come up with a new format for a lot of it. I've been playing with tables trying to get a good 'Sports Site Box Score/Preview' view going on

What I want most is to make it more visual. when I get into reading these, I get to a point where I feel like I'm reading transcripts instead of dynasties. With tables, I can do side by side comparisons, lineups, etc... I'm also somewhat of a 'neat & ordered' freak lol

But unless something goes wrong, I'll be continuing my dynasty. Everything in it I have as a template so I just edit and paste into the forum.

By next season, hopefully I'll have a very appealing and visual dynasty instead of the usual text based 'transcripted' reports.