View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 07:54 PM   #66
Flasch186
Coordinator

Season ended today. Couldn't end soon enough for me. Aiden finished batting sub .250 and finished the season in the throes of the fear/stepping out bucket. I'm not sure how to fix it and I've heard everything from "it takes time" to "hit him with the ball a few times." I've bought striding stuff and will try some RNT work with bands but it's really gotta be him that figures this out with his coaches. It's too draining for me to try to explain it to him, what's happening, have him be unable to unwilling to make a conscious effort to fight the urge and then have him crying to me later that night or in the week about his troubles hitting. So so often he comes to me crying looking for help and then when I try it devolves into an argument or he seems to make progress in the cage or off the tee but it doesn't translate to his ABs in a game. It's as if we did nothing at all. I'm hopeful that he can fix it before the next spring season's tryouts or else he may be back on the B team or not on either team at all at this rate.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote