View Single Post
Old 01-23-2024, 01:32 PM   #247
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Aiden got in trouble at school yesterday ...

Tough lesson right here folks maybe an overreaction by the school but Aiden gave up control of the effects of his joking and that pisses me off at him.

One parent to another, I'll offer you a bit of encouragement. Anecdotal but still.

Around this age, best I recall, is when Will got in fairly hot water with me. Could have been much worse than it was, ultimately he avoided any repercussions except for his parents being pissed off.

However, the encouraging thing I'll offer you is this: it was, no joke, the last time he ever got in major trouble with us again. He dodged worse, and most importantly IMO, he knew it could have been worse. Lesson learned.

I ain't promising that'll be the case for Aiden here obviously, but it IS possible. It's as much as anything about whether that switch flips in his head or not.

In this instance, the school busting his chops pretty good (but without long-lasting consequence best I can tell) might turn out to be the best thing possible.