View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 09:42 AM   #4020
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I think I probably would have enjoyed it a bunch more if from the beginning that I understood this was more of a strategy WW game where you had the stages that led to a big final fight, and the people you won from missions would help you there, as well as the camps which you converted would add to your manpower total. Then it would have spelled out more to me what each phase was and what impact the various choices had.

I second this. I think you're right, the game could have stayed just the same but if I had known ahead of time what the overall flow of it was I would have felt more empowered. For example, the day we had the Item mission things felt pretty clear to me -- I could see that there was the temptation of lots of useful items, but the danger of losing the camp. Most of the other missions, since I had not idea what the outcome might be, it was seemingly meaningless what we chose to do. Some uncertainty is good but it would have helped to know what sort of things we were working for.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote