View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 07:34 PM   #3
Critch
lolzcat

Group 2
Cavalry – 1000 medieval dudes on 1000 medieval horses. They seem to get a bonus from the charge, kill a number of the enemy on the first charge
Romans – Normal old Roman legion. I’d have them as a favorite but they were a bit crap in pre-tournament testing.
Medieval Footmen – Chainmail, sword and shield, the regular medieval soldier.
Tortoises – What are they doing here? Turns out they’re not squishy and useless like chickens and penguins, so they’ll be starting with 2000 instead of 10000.

Cavalry and one other. One other not including Tortoises.

Round 1
Cavalry v Romans – The initial charge makes all the difference, Cavalry take the win with only 300 survivors

Footmen v Tortoises – Looks like I misjudged the Tortoises. They’re big, they’ve got shells, and they’ve got mean snappy jaws. And they destroy the Footmen in a slogfest that lasts almost forever. I’m starting to doubt the simulation aspect of the Ultimate Epic Battle Simulator software.

Round 2
Tortoises v Romans – Another slogfest victory for the Tortoises. The game apparently sets them as heavily armored but low damage output, so the battle takes forever. Most of the battles so far have taken about 3 hours (game time), this one takes 22 hours.

Cavalry v Footmen – Cavalry win with not much trouble and the qualifiers are set with one round to go. It’ll be Cavalry and Tortoises moving on to the last eight.

Round 3
Romans v Footmen – A win for the Romans in a meaningless match

Tortoises v Cavalry – Tortoises win again, and it takes 20 minutes again. Tortoises are on the verge of being disqualified for being boring.

Standings
Tortoises 3-0
Cavalry 2-1
Romans 1-2
Footmen 0-3

It’ll be Wild Men v Cavalry and Heavy Knights fighting to hopefully destroy the friggin Tortoise scum in the final eight.

Last edited by Critch : 04-16-2017 at 10:34 PM.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote