View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 11:30 PM   #139
Radii
Head Coach

Player Re-Signing

I have 3 expired contracts. One is Phillip Walters, whose option I didn't pick up. the other two are noteworthy:

SG Ray Allen - 75 OVR - 35 years old - Allen is rated the 10th best SG in the league according to his player card and is someone I'd be quite happy to have starting again.

C Tyson Chandler - 74 OVR - 28 years old - A 7 footer, not an offensive threat but I feel like having him allows me to put Padgett at PF and Chandler at center and makes me a much better team.

I really have to decide if I want to commit money to these guys or if I want to take a risk and try to pick up a name FA instead.

Here's who I have currently under contract:

PG Felton (78 OVR)
SG ??? Allen(75 OVR)/Open
SF Wallace (81 OVR)
PF Padgett (83 OVR)
C ??? Chandler(74 OVR)/Open

PG Augustin 75 OVR
PF Diaw 74 OVR
SF Henderson 71 OVR
C Diop 58 OVR
SG Graham 55 OVR

Allen is willing to sign for about $3.6 million/1 year

Chandler is looking for a 4 year deal starting at about 5.5 million.

I end up deciding that I want my 7 footer and that Ray Allen was my leading scorer last year. I want both of these guys back, I'll still have enough money to go after someone who will make an impact, just perhaps not a star level player.

I end up working with Chandler a bit, giving him a no trade clause to get his monetary demands down,and getting him down to 2 years + a player option from his original 4 year demand.

Chandler: 2 years/10.71 million + $6.12 million player option.

Allen: 1 year/3.55 million

With this I'm dropping some dead weight off the back end of the roster, getting Chandler down to a reasonable contract and giving myself some money in FA.

I still have about $7 million/year in total dead money in DeSagana Diop. He has 1 year left + a player option. I don't play him often, about 3 minutes/game, so I'm hopeful he'll decline his option next year.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote