View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 02:11 PM   #56
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

OOC Note:

These following thoughts occurred to me while grocery shopping /ooc.

Aug 10, 2015 -

With the season about to start, I've decided to analyze my notes and determine who my best 5 players are and to think of how to get them on the pitch more.

1. Adriano - Valued at 81 million dollars. This kid is 23 and he is coming into his prime. He is a dominating striker.

2. Rooney - Valued at 43 million dollars. He is 29 and is slowly starting to lose a bit, but he just had a dominating season and there is no reason to think he can't have one or two truly great seasons in the next two years with a good year or two following that up.

3. Jeroen Schreurs - Valued at 54 million dollars. This right winger has a superb skill set. Lacks top notch speed, but a great player.

4. Helder Barbosa - Valued at 33 million dollars. This 28 year old is one of the most technically gifted players I've ever seen.

5. Antonio Ortega - This player is valued at 27 million dollars (note higher valued players did not make this list) but he is only 21 and is a rising superstar. Top notch speed, great acceleration, and excellent technical skills.

Just missed the cut (in no order)

Salva - Great defender is only 23.

Mickael Schmidt - Lack of fitness prevents him from making the list. Natural Fitness is so bad that he will never be the truly dominating left back that he could be. Still very good.

Stewart Downing - Age is hitting him, but is still an excellent left winger.

Howard - Age is catching up to him.

Adriano, GK - Still developing.

So, I'm thinking.. 4 of my best guys play the same two positions. Downing and Barbosa are getting up there in age to an extent and can't play every day, but neither of them is going to be happy to be 50% players, starting every other game.

Similarly, Jeroen Schreurs and Ortega are great players who don't want to be splitting time evenly or even close to evenly.

So, I wish I thought of this earlier, but I'm going to experiment with an occasional midfield of Barbosa, Downing, Schreurs, and Ortega. This will allow me to get more of my best players on the pitch and I'm hoping this might take the team to even greater heights.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-27-2005 at 02:12 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote