View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 12:20 PM   #43
SportsDino
College Prospect

I don't know if that is directed at me or not, but for me:

1. I don't believe in most mutual fund managers abilities or trustworthiness, so that rules out those funds.

2. The index funds have fallen with the economy (unless you are talking about very specific ones, in which case you are back to researching a segment of the economy anyway).

3. The notion of investment without research to me is the true gambling. Oh the market averaged 12% from 1930 to 2000, buy the index and you are 'safe' is a 'DOES NOT COMPUTE!' moment for me given my understanding of economics.

4. I like to do my own research. And I've stated elsewhere, if you don't like homework you should go into specific funds or better some sort of fixed payment investment system through a bank. You don't deserve 12% return on your money, it is not a privilege, and it has a RISK rate that people seem to ignore.

5. Everything is like gambling, including 'good index funds'. Everything has risk and estimated reward rates, denying such is just ignorance. Given recent market situations I've decided to take certain risk and reward scenarios and avoid what might have been 'good common sense'. Lately the common sense has been lacking in common sense investing, in my opinion (this is why you have banks that belong on fail blog).
SportsDino is offline   Reply With Quote