View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 02:04 PM   #124
sabotai
General Manager

So I was thinking about my tactics today, about how my shots seem to be up since changing to "Go Route One" which took off "More Direct Passing" and "Work Ball Into Box", but I'm not sure if that made a difference in On Target and Goals. My suspicion was that my on target shots have either stayed the same or have actually declined. So I was going to go back to "More Direct Passing" and "Work Ball Into Box". But I crunched the numbers

On the old tactic ("More Direct Passing" + "Work Ball Into Box"), I played 7 games (3 with Direct Passing but not Work Ball). This is a small sample size, though, so I can't make too many conclusions off of it. But, I had 8 goals (1.14 per game), 69 Shots (9.85 per game) and 28 shots on target (4 per game). 40.5% of my shots were on target, 11.5 percent of my shots found the goal, 28.5% of my on target shots were scored.

On the "Go Route One", again 7 games. 11 goals (1.5 per game), 102 shots (14.5 per game) and 39 on target (5.57 per game). 38.2% of shots are on target, 10.7% of shots are goals and 28.2% of on target shots are goals.

So while the percentages do suggest that my shooting has taken a tiny bit of a dip in efficiency, my per game numbers have shown all 3 have gone up since change to "Go Route One".

But like said, small sample size, different opponents, etc. But, I'll stick with "Go Route One" for now.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote