View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 09:10 PM   #37
Rawhide
High School Varsity

Before the regular season begins, we make a massive, massive, massive trade!

Barcelona gets Freeman McNeil and our 1985 first rounder.
We get Joe Delaney, and Barca's 1985 third and fifth rounders.

Drafted second overall in 1981, Delaney has not started a game for the Dragons, but has over a thousand career yards at 4.37.

Our first game of the season just happens to be against the Dragons - we go down 24-20, with Delaney getting 130 yards, which is a franchise record. Montana leaves the game halfway through, leaving Steve Deberg to finish the game off. Deberg is back as a second-stringer with the Monarchs, and throws his first touchdown pass since 1977 in the process.

Second year quarterback John Elway guides Detroit past London in a 20-19 squeaker.

After getting our first win of 1984 against the Chiefs, we have a historical offensive performance against the Bengals. Montana gets 454 passing yards, Delaney gets 141 on the ground and 117 in the air, while Tim Smith and Drew Hill also get 100 yard games. We outscore the Bengals 26-6 in the second half on the way to a 46-34 win.

Montana tosses four picks in a 28-25 overtime loss to Cleveland. We head back to Baltimore and win 24-17 to be 3-3. Our roadtrip continues with a 30-21 loss to Pittsburgh, and a 20-23 loss to the Huskies.

At halfway, we are 3-5, two games behind the wildcard holders.

Our season is virtually sealed when we lose 22-23 to the Oilers. Houston goes 6-2 on the season, we drop three games behind.

There are signs of life in a 33-3 win against Barcelona, and when we win three games in a row by a combined six points, we are suddenly 7-7 and just one game out of contention.

At Lambeau Field, we beat the Packers narrowly 31-24, and face a do-or-die situation against the Oilers in our last game. If we beat the Oilers (9-6), we have a shot at winning our first division title, although the Dragons (8-7) are also a show.

We fall 21-24 to the Oilers and miss the playoffs. The Dragons and the Aztecs qualify for their first post-season trips.

AFC Championship Game
Houston Oilers 31
Cincinnati Bengals 9

NFC Championship Game
Seattle Seahawks 27
Mexico City Aztecs 6

Super Bowl XIX
Houston Oilers 17
Seattle Seahawks 13

NFL Awards
MVP - George Rogers (New England Patriots RB)
Super Bowl MVP - Stan Blinka (Houston Oilers SILB)
Offensive Player of the Year - George Rogers (New England Patriots RB)
Defensive Player of the Year - Robert Brazile (Houston Oilers SLB)
Offensive Rookie of the Year - Irving Fryar (Mexico City Aztecs WR)
Defensive Player of the Year - Shaun Gayle (Washington Redskins SS)
The clouds methought would open and show riches ready to drop upon me, that, when I wak'd, I cried to dream again.
Rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote