View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 03:12 AM   #15
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

November 12 -- ST Decky Uropmabin is back training now and ready for action.

November 16 vs. Persenga(1-2-2) We're slight favorites back at home, Persenga is not off to a good start(recently promoted), and we are going to be fielding our top attacking trio of Yogi, Ewangin, and Upromabin for the first time this year. If we're going to grab a victory, there's not going to be a better chance for it.

6' -- That didn't last long. Uropmabin went down with nobody near him, and had to be replaced by Sutanto.

They were able to frustrate all our attacking moves early on by congesting the box and preventing us from getting any kind of look at the goal, but we definitely looked the more dangerous team.

12' -- A decent look for Sutanto from about 16 yards or so, but it was fairly weak and right at the keeper.

18' -- They get a header from a corner but it's way high. Yogi does not look sharp today so far.

20' -- We're completely dominating the game, but some lax and out-of-position defense gifts them a 10-yd angled shot which easily beats Ferminus. Now we trail 1-0. This match has been disastrous so far.

24' -- Yogi to Ewangin back to Yogi for a clear shot from 15 yards, but it's right at the keeper. Those are usually money in the bank for him.

26' -- They foul Ewangin on the edge of the area, and it's a yellow card! Yarangga takes the free kick, and puts it just inside the left post, nobody was close enough to try to make a play on that. It's his first goal of the year, and we're even at 1-all.

HT -- Tied 1-1 still, not a whole lot of shots either way. Our anticipation, teamwork in attack, and control of the ball has been the worst in the last few matches. I tell the guys I expect better in the second half and that seemed to fire them up, normally I take a positive approach but I just have the sense they need a kick in the behind today.

55' -- They get a long header, straight on but it's right at Ferminus.

59' -- Urwan gets assessed a yellow. We're playing a bit frustrated and losing most of the possession battles, so I switch to counterattacking. Lets at least not blow this by giving up another cheap one.

63' -- A foul and a yellow for Fitriandi just outside the area. It's getting testy out there and we're making almost all of the mistakes right now. From almost exactly the same spot as we scored our freekick in the first half, they miss wildly to the right.

64' -- Back the other way, Ningmabin crosses and Ewangin is there just inside the box, his header is easily punched past the keeper and we take the lead! Ewangin just ran between their defenders who just stood there and didn't react to the cross at all basically, unbelievable. 2-1

66' -- Ewangin challenges for a ball at midfield and goes down injured. That's just what we need. Setia will have to come on and Sutanto goes up front to replace our striker. We've gotten both strikers hurt today ...

73' -- Looks like we're about to be a walking medical ward again. Sutiono goes down near midfield after challenging for a ball.

75' -- A nice run up the left by Ningmabin, who centers for Oropka ... he pushed it wide right. That was a good chance to put this match away there.

76' -- We work it back in, Ningmabin to Sutanto, who blasts a volley from the edge of the box ... blocked, but it's right back to him and this time he hits for an angled goal! That's his first tally, and up 3-1 now, we'll just try to defend and get out of this match without losing any more players.

It's like Persenga has stopped playing defense the last bit here, we haven't done anything special they've just lost focus. I'll take it, whatever the reason.

77' -- Another angled look for Sutanto is high and wide.

80' -- The floodgates open, a good attack again and this time Oropka is in front for the score ... but they disallow this one, calling him offside.

81' -- As they try to press and get back into this one, one of their attackers trips Sutiono and gets himself a yellow. Lots of cards being handed out today, that's the fourth.

83' -- Just hideous lack of coverage defensively again, they chip one in on the short angle from the corner of the box. After making a couple of good interceptions recently, Fitriandi was way out of position there. It's 3-2, and it's not over yet.

85' -- Oropka drives one wide from 23 yards out.

FT -- The cheapest goals I've seen this year, both scoring and conceding, happened today with some big lapses on both sides. But we get that elusive first win of my career here 3-2! Frans Yarangga earned player of the match and was big with the free-kick equalizer, Ewangin's goal a minute before he got hurt gave us the lead, and Ningmabin had the best half I've seen him play in the second half, playing a key role in our last two scores.

Surprisingly, none of our match injuries are expected to keep anyone out as all got positive reports from the physio. We'll have Patay back in a couple of days as well, leaving just MR Patrick Adie who still has a couple weeks yet on the injured list.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote