View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 12:52 AM   #18
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

12.1 vs. PSKT(2-3-2, 6th). We're slightly favored here, but probably shouldn't be with the keeper situation. Decky Uropmabin will go in keeper. The 5-3-1-1 will be standard with us for a while, we'll start conservatively and only loosen things up just a bit if the flow of the match warrants it.

Fortunately, we expect Setia back before our next match, so we just need to find a way to get through today without him.

6' -- Adie is involved in the first scoring opportunity of the match, putting a ball down the right side for Yogi to get, he then centered it to the trailing Yarangga whose shot was right at the keeper, but a solid passing play set up there.

11' -- We've looked fantastic so far, and Yogi got set up at the near corner of the box, but didn't get quite enough angle on the shot and a diving save by Pitoy resulted in a corner. Fitriandi headed it across from right to left for Urwan, but his header went well high. 3 shots, 2 on target, all decent opportunities or better. We've done everything but score in the early going.

20' -- Radinsyah got free in the area for an angled shot, but put it well high. So far we've kept Uropmabin from having to do much of anything.

21' -- Crazy play off a cross after we cleared out a corner. Uropmabin went up for it right at the goal mouth, but tipped it off the crossbar instead. Fitriandi tried to clear but got tangled up in our other defenders. Mardianto pounced on it literally five feet from a score, but thankfully there were so many bodies in the way that it was knocked out for another corner. We dodged a couple of bullets here, and I've got a feeling there will be more before this one's over.

28' -- Adie gets hurt in a midfield collision, but he thinks he can stay on for now.

36' -- We've gotten very little lately -- it's been a droll last 20 minutes or so. Ningmabin gets a cross into Yogi just outside the box, but it's a bit high and he can't get anything on it.

38' -- It's pretty clear Adie isn't going to be able to give us anything much today. He's through, and Oropka comes on.

39' -- Another cross is bobbled by Uropmabin, it goes over the bar but he almost let that one in. We are less fortunate on the corner, as Permana hits a header from just outside the box, straight in front and directs it in the left corner of the net. We're down 1-0, and have no choice but to be a little less conservative and try to get it back. Sutanto comes on to take the keeper spot, Patay heads off and Uropmabin goes up front to aid in the attack.

42' -- A shot by Yogi is blocked out for a corner, which goes to Ewangin but he's tackled immediately before he can get a shot off.

HT -- I tell the guys it's just been a bad-luck day, which is mostly true, it seemed to go over well. This is a different match if we convert one of those early chances.

We were a bit better to start the second half, but not good enough to get anything really substantial as there were too many errant passes.

62' -- Ewanginhits a strong volley from inside the area, but Pitoy makes a nice diving save. That's the second shot he's stopped today that would have been a score against most keepers -- there's a reason he only concedes about one an outing.

67' -- Absolutely incredible. Another fine rush, Yogi to Ewangin to Uropmabin ... and another diving save! We should be winning this match, and we can't even get on the board.

75' -- Yogi gets free, well behind the defense, into the area ... and an amazing sliding tackle from behind by their defender Augustina knocks it out for a corner just as he was about to shoot. We just can't buy anything today, this is ridiculous. We should have 2 goals minimum by now, probably 3.

We throw caution to the wind and try to push forward for the equalizer.

79' -- They work it into scoring position and a lead pass is just a bit hard and Sutanto pounces.

84' -- Uropmabin finds Oropka angling in from the right wing, he hits a good angled try ... and yet another diving save by Pitoy!! We get a corner out of it .. .

85' -- A similar shot by Yogi is weak and wide right.

86' -- Almost another breakaway, this one for Ewangin, but Pitoy picks it up as he arrives.

88' -- Pitoy shows his humanity and fumbles a cross by Oropka out for a corner. It's to Uropmabin at the near corner, he collides with Anes and is furious at the lack of a penalty call there. The ball squirts just wide of the post, and I can only shake my head. What do we have to do to score today?!

91' -- Uropmabin all alone into the area ... and they call him offside! Ridiculous call from where I'm sitting, but it stands.

FT -- I tell the team they played well regardless of the score, and they're a little disgusted with that approach. It's true though, this match was beyond frustating. We lose 1-0 despite several excellent opportunities pretty well finished. Pitoy had the finest match I've ever seen a keeper have, with 5 saves on our 16-7 shots advantadge. This was as well as we've played all year for my money, but it's still in the books as a loss.

Sutiono played well in defeat, while I was disgusted by Fitriandi once again. Adie suffered no long-term effects, and we will be working on getting him on the pitch as much as possible to build up his fitness in the coming matches.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote