View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 12:53 AM   #24
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

12.29 -- Ningmabin has to leave the team for three weeks due to a viral infection. This will leave us shorthanded in midfield as there's nobody else competent at the left side.

12.31 -- The draw for the Indonesian Cup was today, and we'll host Cilegon FC in a week's time, then play the away leg the week after that.

Lionel Messi(FC Barcelona) wins the Golden Ball and Player of the Year.

DECEMBER REVIEW

1 win, a draw, and two defeats, but it was our best win and we played a couple of top opponents in the month. The board remains satisfied, with the fans joyful over the 4-1 win against Penajam. Poor performances of Fitriandi and Patay are the fans greatest concern.

Another 200+M loss, and the debt stands at almost 1B.

STANDINGS

Persemalra(28 pts, +14)
Persinab(21 pts, +10)
Persipon(20 pts, +6)
Persebangga(19 pts, +3)
Yahukimo FC(16 pts, +2)
Penajam(16 pts, --)
PSKT(15 pts, --)
Persenga(13 pts, -4)
Persigubin(11 pts, -1)
Persewar(9 pts, -6)
Persibas(8 pts, -13)
Persatu(3 pts, -12)

Persatu has a virtual lock on the relegation spot, they are winless and have scored just 5 goals all season. Likewise Persemalra is clearly the class of the league as was just demonstrated to us. The other qualification spot for Second Phase though is very much up for grabs: my money's on Persinab.

As for us, we classify as a bit unlucky. At 2-5-4, we having been gradually getting better as the season progressed, partly because of health and partly due to having gotten to the point of really understanding what I want us to do tactically on the pitch. I think we are clearly capable of being a top-half club but we need to start turning some of those draws into wins in order to get there. Right now, I'm bullish enough that I want us to finish in the Top 5, and I think that's a very doable concept. The Yogi/Ewangin/Uropmabin combo has proven capable of being dangerous in attack against anybody in this league.

Long-term, the picture is a bit more murky. In the entirety of First Division, only Persinab(second in our group) averages less than our four fans per match. That's right, four(they have three). Everyone else, all the other 46 clubs, have at least 20 with only 9 under 200, half averaging at least 1000. However, right now we have a very average payroll for First Division, so as long as they are willing to maintain that I think it's worth me sticking around and building on this. We've got a very fun team to manage and Sutanto/Setia are good pieces to build on for the future(maybe Fitriandi too if he learns to grow up emotionally).

At the moment, the jury is very much out on my status as the board are unwilling to even discuss a contract.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote