View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 05:05 AM   #37
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

3.29 vs. Persebangga(8-5-6, 5th) Persebangga are 1-3 favorites and our role is that of spoiler: 7 clubs are separated by five points fighting for the second qualification spot, and they are right in the middle. We played them to a scoreless draw earlier in the year.

6' -- Three straight corners, with the third yielding an ineffectual shot by Yogi into a crowd at the goal.

8' -- A blast from the edge is wide for Persebangga.

14' -- Uropmabin with a nice ball into the area for Ewangin, but they converge before he can get a shot off. We're off to a good start, but neither side is getting any kind of good looks at the goal, just a few shoot-and-hope attempts.

28' -- A 30+ freekick from Adie is no trouble for Saputro in goal.

37' -- Freekick from Nugrohu straight on about 25m, well hit but Ferminus just manages to tip it over. That was close.

41' -- On the other end, a freekick goes from Adie to Uropmabin, who sets up Yogi for a gimme ... but it's disallowed, Uropmabin was offside. After trading possessions a few times, Yogi gets a shot in the middle but he had to wait a bit for a pass behind him, and Saputro saves his try.

HT -- No scores, Persebangga have looked quite poor so far to be honest. We're at 58% possession, which is normally their calling card, and that would tie a season-best for us. We've been particularly dominant in the headers, and it's a great chance for a win if we can get a score somewhere. I tried to fire them up to finish off well and it seemed to be mostly effective.

47' -- Weird play. Uropmabin fires at the goal, looked like a score but then it appeared to rise and hit the bar, went over ... and they called it a corner. Saputro wasn't anywhere close, and I didn't see it deflect off anyone. Frustrating as that was a good look. Whatever ball we're using, the Brazuca has nothing on it.

50' -- A long pass is met perfectly by Arif, who put a lot on that header but was far enough out for a diving save by Ferminus. A heck of a play still, and I'm glad we remain even. It seems to wake them up, and we're under pressure for a few minutes. Then ...

60' -- Yogi sets up Uropmabin for an open volley. Sharp angle, but he was alone right at the corner of the box and missed wildly.

66' -- A deep freekick is sent into a crowd, and somehow Surya gets to it right in front between Urwan and Fitriandi, volleying it in! We've controlled the whole match, and now trail 0-1!!

67' -- Absolutely incredible. Just as I'm about to pull him, Yogi launches one from almost 30, and it's unreachable in the top right corner. Incredible shot there, I hated it until it went in. 1-1!!

A few minutes later I pull him anyway(and Uropmabin) to get fresh legs out there for the finish.

80' -- Sutanto tries to beat Saputro from long-range upstairs, and almost does but it's just over. Setia comes on for Adie, and I wonder how we'll navigate the close of this match.

82' -- 30yd freekick for Yang, well off target.

85' -- Oropka fires from straight on and isn't even in the correct zip code.

87' -- Another shot from Sutanto, well hit but wide right. Yang gets one a minute later at the other end, and his rocket is a little high.

93' -- One final rush. We work it around, everybody touches it a couple times, then Sutanto to Ewangin who looks for Oropka in the area ... it's too far but Sutanto runs on it and puts it inside the right post! With just seconds left before the whistle, the youngster scores his fourth of the year, and we take the victory in injury time!! 2-1!!!

Sutanto earns a player of the match citation, and we move two points up on Persibas, who recently got themselves a new coach, with two matches left to go. Only one fan observed his thrilling finish ... meanwhile, Ignasius Kasipmabin is back to training but there is little time to get him in shape. Ironically, for the first time all year we have no injuries.

Interestingly, Sutiono has drastically reduced his demands to 6.75M. I offer him 4 as before -- he's not willing to go below 5.75. Still, that's a lot closer than we were. Maybe, just maybe, he'll be willing to resign if nobody wants to pay him that much. Frankly he might be worth 6M, but we can't afford it.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote