View Single Post
Old 04-18-2003, 06:33 PM   #16
Kodos
Resident Alien

Arrow

And The Rebuilding Process Begins...

With our entire roster now cut or traded, it was now time to sign some players. Bill and I sifted through the entire crop of first-year free agents, and let me tell you, it was slim pickings. We signed 52 men to one-year deals for $250,000 each, and one promising rookie QB was signed to a 3 year deal for a higher salary, but no bonus, so we can cut him if he doesn't pan out. Besides, after all the cuts, we were about $57 million under the cap, give or take a million. We can afford to splurge a little.

With our 53 new players signed, we headed to camp. True to form, we emphasized offense, with the I Formation, Split, Strong, Shotgun, and Goaline formations all pegged to the right. Weak and Single-Back were pegged to the left.

On defense, the 4-3, Nickel, and Zone were pegged to the right also. The Dime was slightly left of center, with everything else all pegged to the left.

For the most part, special skills were ignored, except for punt and kick returns, 2 minute drill, and red-zone.

We don't expect to win much this season (we may run the table and go 0-16). If we are lucky, we will find a player or two worth signing again next season, and maybe a few solid backups. Anything else would be icing on the cake.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote