View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 06:59 AM   #292
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Summer League – meet at Grand Cascades

We open our summer season (minus the time trials which we didn’t attend) at the juggernaut that is Grand Cascades. Last year we swam against them to end the season and were whipped by around 300 points. I expect it to be worse today. My kids will swim the following:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bailey

100 Medley Relay : B Team – Breaststroke Leg - (I did email the coach and I told her Bailey wasn’t swimming this stroke well, but she put her in it for the relay anyway)

50 Free – I believe she but Bailey in this one so she can get a current time to compare to the girls that swam at time trials in order to come up with her Free Relay teams, but what the coach failed to take into account is that during time trials the kids were hand timed, and Grand Cascades has a full touch pad system, so it will be electronic times…

50 Fly

100 Free Relay: B Team – Bailey will be the anchor.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bear

100 Medley Relay: A Team – Fly leg (probably should be in the Back leg, but it won’t matter, this team isn’t beating GCs relay anyway)

50 Free – Not sure why she choose this event for Bear

100 IM – Bear will get killed in this. Poor kid just turned 11 and he’ll be racing some top notch year rounders who are almost 13. Brett’s buddy Jack will race Bear in this one…

100 Free Relay : A Team – Third Leg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brett

100 Medley Relay : A Team – Breast leg

100 Free – Brett will get killed by his buddy Jack in this one

50 Breast – could have a good race here. Another boy (one I’m not familiar with) has a time very similar to Brett’s seed time. Not sure if that is from the GC time trials or last year, as Brett’s seed time is from last year.

100 Free Relay : A Team – Brett will anchor the team. He shouldn’t Riley should, but again it won’t matter.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote