View Single Post
Old 08-18-2015, 03:06 AM   #248
Izulde
Head Coach

Thanks, guys. It's going to be one hell of a semester, though - teaching 4 sections Tues/Thur (the max credits allowed for an adjunct), and then Mon/Wed/Fri (and possibly Saturday and some Sundays too) doing the PR job.

The gameplan is for me to eventually be poached by a PR firm for a full-time gig at great salary and benefits, even though I'd hate to leave my current position, and the company would hate to lose me.

Retainer client keeps pushing the meeting back, but we'll see what happens with it.

First TV interview didn't have the results expected. A lot of eyeballs, but no conversion - but a couple of things happened during the interview that caused it to not have the conversion rate we expected. Tomorrow's interview for a different event should go much better, I hope.

Things have been quite busy. I often don't get home until 6 pm or later, and it's going to be another late one tomorrow. Not only the interview, but a focus group meeting for another thing we have planned with another client whose status alone should generate big hits as we expand what we're doing with them. Case in point: The focus group had 40 slots. Within an hour of the private event being set up on Facebook, 31 of the slots were gone.

I'm also now in charge of handling our internship applications and the initial intern interviews, as the boss doesn't have time, and we really need to increase our team. Thought we landed a great prospect, but he told me this afternoon he'd accepted another position elsewhere. Tough pill, but we'll carry on.

I have to say, it's been enlightening being on the other side of the table. So many people do not know how to write effective resumes and/or cover letters.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote