View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 07:02 AM   #514
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Thomkal,

Unless you blow me away with your answers, I'm not going to vote for you. From what I can tell, you just road coattails and let Chesapeake do all the work. Tell me why I'm wrong and convince me that you were an under the radar mastermind ala Amanda in Survivor China.

Moving on, you ignored Heybrad, Danny, SnDvls, and I while we were in the game. Tell me why anyone on the jury should vote for someone who ignored two-thirds of the jury over someone who got their hands dirty like Chesapeake.

Maple Leafs and Thomkal,

Part of the game is being able to read the jury and know who's a threat to win and who has little or no chance. Why did you choose to take Chesapeake to the final three over Darth Villus? I understand Chesapeake was part of your alliance, but in my opinion he is a far greater threat to win the jury vote then DV. I am probably voting for him and I know of at least one other person on the jury that is probably voting for Ches as well.

DV had zero chance of getting my vote because quite honestly I am a bitter he didn't align with Heybrad and I when in my opinion it would have been in his best interest to do so. I know of at least one villager who probably wasn't going to vote for him either and I would guess he probably wasn't going to get Danny's or SnDvl's votes either.

Well Racer, I appreciate the honesty, but I hope you will still keep an open mind as we go through these questions. If you could see our original Villagers thread and our PM's you would see that I rode on no one's coattails. My knowledge of Survivor served the Villagers quite well as I made many suggestions based on my knowledge of the challenges that turned out to work and gave us all those victories.

I was the one of my alliance that didn't want Hoops in the alliance, but we came to the agreement that we would keep him for numbers sake until we felt we could safely vote him out. (sorry Hoops). He was the biggest threat physically in the game and well known and respected for his skills in games like this one. None of the three of us would have beaten him in a Final 3. So all that posturing I did when you and Danny were pushing for Hoops to be voted out? That was to convince Hoops that our alliance with him was still strong and he had nothing to worry about. As well as let heybrad and Darth know that I wasn't coming after them either. And when we voted you out, I was the most skilled physically contestant left and would have won any challenge that was more physical in nature. Just like I planned from the beginning-get rid of those who could challenge me there.

As for ignoring some of you, (I did talk to heybrad while were in the Inn) I should have reached out to you but did not for a couple reasons. First I had a weakness that I did not reveal until the last day of the game-I would take double Health damage if there was not enough Food in camp. That really hit me hard late in the game-at one point I was down to 2 Health Points because of it. That forced me to use up all my daily actions on Forage and Recuperate just so I could get healthy enough to spend extra effort on challenges when I needed to. The couple times I got extra messages, I had to save them for my alliance members.

The second reason was that I was very comfortable with my alliance. They were the two people I wanted in my alliance from the beginning based on my perceived view of their skills from their descriptions and their little knowledge of Werewolf and/or Survivor. I certainly considered breaking up the alliance at times, but I just felt I was in the right place. And to be fair, none of you reached out to me privately to gauge whether I would consider breaking the alliance, so you must have felt pretty strongly that I would not. And there's something to be said for that.

As for taking Chesa over Darth-I disagree that Darth would have had no chance. If he broke up the alliance that started on day 1 and held strong, that he would hold some merit with the jury I thought. The fact that he won a couple of Immunities there when he needed to also would have helped his cause. Just like you yourself Racer if you had got to the Final 3, you would have won. I also felt due to an agreement we made at the end, that both Maple and Chesa would vote for Darth if they were backstabbed and sent to the jury on that last tribal council.

Okay my novel is now bigger than yours I think I will be happy to follow up on my answers if you need more information/explanation.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote