View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 10:31 AM   #532
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
chesapeake, that doesn't add up to me. Maybe you did think I was more likely to vote for the other two, but you had no basis for that assumption since you never contacted me within or outside the thread to try and take the temperature.

Given the amount of PMs that you were sending, based on second-hand accounts from others, I'm having a hard time figuring why you wouldn't talk to me rather than trying to interpret where I might go.

Also, if you three had your "alliance within the alliance" already set, then all you did was make life more difficult for your group down the stretch by sacrificing an asset. If you had reason to believe I was going to backstab our group, I would get that. If you didn't want me in the final three I get that although it sounds like that was worked out before I was ever contacted by Maple Leafs.

The fact that you aren't refuting ML's version of events (he didn't vote me out, you and Thomkal did) is making this a lot easier for me.

But there are still plenty of other votes out there for you to win, maybe they'll be more sympathetic to your overall game. I'm just having a hard time getting around this admittedly personal aspect of the game and looking at the overall picture. Which likely speaks, in part, to why I wasn't the threat in this game that everyone seemed to assume that I would be.

I do not refute that I voted to send you off the island. My first answer to you I thought took responsibility for my action there.

I did send a lot of PM's, but as you know, they had to be constantly budgeted because they were often not enough.

Hoops, by the time it came to the point where I was ready to vote you off the island I already had 3 other guys, Thomkal, ML and heybrad, whom I felt pretty confident about. Sorry to be callous, but taking your temperature at that point with limited pm's had almost no value -- I needed to cut the number of folks in my 'inner circle' rather than add to it.

I feel your pain about the personal aspect of this. You feel like you played as well as you could with what you had and you lost, based in no small part, because of your WW reputation. That frustrates you because it is true.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote