View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 11:20 AM   #256
Radii
Head Coach

The end of the season is in sight, so I'm itching to get through the next couple months and see if we can promote.

September 9th, 2016

Saturn FC (4th) vs Wake Forest Cougars (13-6-4, 1st)

Attendance: 335

-- We crushed Saturn 4:1 on the road back in July. That's the last time they lost a match, 2 wins and 4 draws in league play since then.

-- This is the third match in a row where we are randomly listed as underdogs, I'll take it.

Starting Lineup

GK: Gyan
D: Campbell/Burke/Hernandez/Varela
M: Williams/Shakespeare
AM: Rose/Crook
ST: Ratzburg/Arredondo

Arredondo starts in Cole's spot. We're going on 3 days rest so lots of changes here. Dylan Rose has only managed 3 appearances in our last 20 (going back to June 11th, 3 months). He got hurt in two of those...

We'll counterattack.

9': Arredondo takes a corner to the far post, Hernandez is there, volleys it, and its in! 1-0

19': Varela with a long throw from our own end, Arredondo is on it, sends it up to Ratzburg immediately, Ratzburg shoots, but wide, its considered a clear cut chance b/c he got by his man I guess but that would have been a nice finish.

23': A Burke header starts a counter for us, Shakespeare to Ratzburg to Arredondo, another clear cut chance, this one looks a lot more promising, but he shoots it right at the keeper. Saved.

38': Shakespeare wins a ball in midfield and sets up the counterattack, one pass ahead to Ratzburg, he is about 45 yards out, sends it up ahead for Arredondo, he's got all kinds of room, he controls it, comes forward, takes his time, and easily beats the keeper. Very nice. Way too often my guys freak out in these 1 on 1s, Arredondo looked composed. 2-0

HALF: We look really good here. We generate 8 shots to their 2, 3 of ours are clear cut chances. We are dominant in the air as well, and many of our offensive highlights started with us winning a header to take possession.

I bring Wilkins in for Shakespeare, hopefully not too early to make this move. He played 3 days ago so its best if he doesn't go 90, but I really wanted him in here with all the other backups I have playing in my attacking spots (basically everyone but Ratzburg).

48': Arredondo with a yellow for diving.

52': We win a ball in midfield after a goal kick, Varela ahead to Crook, Crook with a long run, cross, Ratzburg heads it, goal! 3-0

59': They get a little space in the area and get a shot off, but Gyan stops it.

60': Goodwin in for Ratzburg.

71': Arredondo with a corner, taken near post to Burke, he heads it... off the post, can't believe he didn't score there.

76': Crook with a free kick from out right, just outside the area, he shoots and its just wide.

That's it!

Saturn FC 0 : 3 Wake Forest

Man of the Match: Patrick Ratzburg (8.7)
Goals: Ratzburg, Arredondo (8.4), Hernandez (8.0)
Assists: Ratzburg, Arredondo, Crook (7.9)
Notables: Varela (7.6), Burke (7.8), Williams (7.0)

Rose with a 6.7 but he lasted 90 minutes without getting hurt, so I'm happy. Shakespeare was average before he went out, Gyan just under 7 (6.9), and Campbell a 6.6, the only guy who didn't really come up big in defense I guess, but today it wasn't needed.

Maunabo beats Valdosta in a huge match that gives us a large lead.

1. Wake Forest - 48 points - 4 left
-----------------------------------
2. Valdosta - 41 points - 4 left
3. Maunabo - 41 points - 4 left
4. Port St Lucie - 39 points - 4 left
5. Saturn FC - 37 points - 5 left
------------------------------------
6. Hattiesburg - 36 points - 4 left
7. Lexington - 34 points - 5 left
8. Cape Coral - 34 points - 4 left

We play a cup match next.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote