View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 12:11 AM   #267
Radii
Head Coach

-- I've been hardcore into League of Legends lately so this fell off. I've reached my goals for this season in LoL, I will admit feeling overwhelmed by the process of going from amateur to semi-pro and not fucking everything up feels like a bit of a barrier here too, but really mostly its just been League :P

We do still have one match left

-- DC Hernandez apparently picked up a yellow in his last match so he's out for the cup Final.

October 19th, 2016

North America Amateur Cup Finals

Wake Forest Cougars (1st, ACAL) vs California Development Academy (1st, GCAL)

Attendance: 1244

-- So CDA won the Gold Coast amateur league, but they didn't dominate it like some other Academy teams we've seen. They put up 50 points and a +16 goal differential there, compared to our 55 points and +21 differential in the equivalent league on the Atlantic Coast.

-- We're playing in Dallas, in front of about 1250 people.

Starting Lineup

GK: Gyan
D: Coggins/Pickering/Forrest/Jackson
M: Tapia/Shakespeare
AM: Davidson/Cooper
ST: Navarro/Cole

We'll look to counterattack as it seems our best play style. We get what amounts to our best healthy lineup out there and I feel we should be pretty darn strong.

1': They start with the ball and after a few passes give it away, there's a quick pass ahead to Cole out wide right for Cooper, he runs with it, crosses into the 6 yard box, Navarro heads it, goal!! 1-0

3': Davidson a yellow.

23': Navarro intercepts a backwards pass in midfield to get us going... but Cole has it tackled away from him after a pass into the area.

38': Davidson with a corner that goes nowhere. They head it out but we get it back in, a shot from Cole, on target, but saved.

40': Yellow for their defender Dryden.

46': A last minute attack after a goal kick, Shakespeare wins the ball in midfield, passes down the left for Davidson, a cross, Cole has a great look, but heads it wide. Not listed a clear cut chance but I think it should have been.

HALF: They have most of the possession but the counter game is working well, we haven't allowed a single shot, taking 3 ourselves, putting 2 on target. We're tackling and winning balls in the air much better than they are.

49': Free kick near midfield, we take it short and pass quickly ahead, Navarro with a through ball to Cole, he's got a clear cut chance, a great look... saved and turned behind. Corner goes nowhere.

55': We allow a cross into the area from the left side due to some poor positioning, Pickering should have headed this out, they bring the ball down, Jackson tackles the man with the ball, and its a penalty given. They score on it. 1-1

61': CDA free kick from 25 yards, very poor shot.

62': After a goal kick midfielder Dryden bangs into Tapia, and that's a yellow, that's his second one, he's off!

76': Roth in for Cole, Williams in for Tapia, and we're going to try to attack with the man advantage.

85': After some buildup, JAckson finds Shakespeare in the area for a good look, but offsides.

89': We earn a corner, Cooper to Pickering for a header, but wide.

FULL TIME: Arredondo is going to come in for Cooper, our most tired player. I hope to pressure them with the man advantage in extra time.

96': Davidson with a free kick, poor shot.

HT ET: Only that one highlight.

106': We move down the field after kickoff easily, Arredondo with a cross in to Roth, he heads it to the center for Shakespeare, a shot... blocked.

111': Arredondo ahead to Roth, he passes to a charging Shakespeare, a shot from 20 yards... is wide.

And that's it. We're way better, only a bad foul in the area prevents the win. Well a bad foul and an inability to get the additional goals that we should have easily gotten. We outshoot them 11-2, getting more clear cut looks (3) than they did total shots, and can't manage the victory in regulation.

So its on to Penalties, which as always are dumb.

After 5 shots we're tied 5-5.

After 10 shots we're even 10-10.

After getting evened up at 11 apiece, One of their men takes a penalty, Gyan dives to his left, and he stops it. Shakespeare steps up, scores his shot, and we win in anticlimactic fashion, but, a win is a win, and we are cup champions!!

Wake Forest (12) 1p : 1 (11) California Development Academy

Man of the Match: Ronnie Navarro (7.4)
Goal: Navarro
Assist: Cooper (6.7)
Notables: Pickering (7.3), Coggins (7.3)

Pretty damn amazing year, we win the Atlantic Coast Amateur League, Atlantic Coast Cup, and North America Amateur Cup.

-- We receive $111,000 for this win.

And that's our last match of the season, we will promote up and presumably go semi-pro next season and I will need to figure out how much money I can spend and where to spend it, which players to keep, and if any of our current amateur players deserve to be paid.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote