View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 06:24 PM   #275
Radii
Head Coach

Ah crap, I had an update at the end of the night last night and forgot to post it and lost it.

Quick'ish summary:

I have replaced my entire amateur coaching staff with a paid staff. I now have a Reserve Coach and a U18 coach instead of hoping my assistant can do all of that. I have two scouts who are WAY better than anyone at this level seems like they should be (like judging potential 14/judging ability 15 for $25/wk). I am allowed four regular coaches. I have one Physio, one coach who is decent at fitness, one goalkeeping coach, and one regular coach who happens to specialize in attacking.

Additionally, I asked the board for better training facilities, and that's going to happen, and cost us $325,000. That work will be completed in April.

Pre-Season Team Meeting

Ah here comes the team disappointment. Joe Pickering thinks we can do better than the "avoid relegation with our current guys" statement that I made before sending them off on vacation, but I'm not willing to push for more than that, so I tell the team that my goals stay the same. Pickering is real unhappy at my apparent lack of ambition. On the other side of things Leon Roth thinks I'm too ambitious. So he's unhappy too! None of this matters much, morale is fine, I just find it funny.

On the whole, 5 players are happy, 9 have poor reactions, most of the team is indifferent.

I still need to go through my youth pulls for this year, and I need to look at the transfer market and figure out which of my guys should get contracts and which shouldn't.

Some of our younger guys are apparently only wanting to stay amateur, the biggest player like this is Colin Cole at age 15. Looking around through my starters it appears most of them want between $175 and $450/wk.

Looking at the other teams in the league most players make between $40-$70/week. Each team looks like they have 2-3 players that make more than that. The #2 team last season, the Georgia Revolution, has one star at $450/wk, another guy at $200/wk, everyone else under $100. Other teams pay 2-3 key players $200/week and everyone else is cheaper.

We will certainly be outspending everyone, but I'm not looking to go crazy here. Amidu Gyan and Ronnie Navarro are basically asking to be 2 of the 4 or 5 highest paid players in the league, gotta figure out if they are really worth that or not.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote