View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 03:40 PM   #285
Radii
Head Coach

Transfer News

We get the first transfer offer for one of our players... the Raleigh Pioneers want DC Dan Hernandez, for free. Uh, no?

The Striker I was going after, Brian Gonzalez, signs with the NC Fusion. There are a lot of other Strikers who my scouts like, I'm going to take a look and see if I see anything worth signing, or if I should head into the season with known quantities instead.

New Signing

Welcome 18 y/o DC Charlie Ashe to Wake Forest. We signed Ashe away from the Virginia Beach Piranhas in the Colonial Division 2. Ashe is 6'4". Jumping 13/Strength 11. Composure 5/Decisions 6/Determination 11/Positioning 7. Heading 8/Marking 8/Tackling 8. Ratings wise, he looks better than Don Burke in every way. Technically, he looks drastically better. We'll see if that makes a difference on the pitch. I haven't released Burke, I just haven't offered him a contract yet.

Ashe will be making $150/wk.

-- I look for other Strikers, and I just don't see anyone worth committing $$ to at this point. There is a free agent striker available who looks... ok, no reason to think he's better than Navarro or Cole, but I decide to offer him a trial anyway.

Friendly #1

I had some issues finding friendly partners, so we're opening up against our U-18 squad. I do put a number of guys who spend time on the main roster down in the U18 squad just to try to get more playing time for more guys. But its still a pretty embarrassing game for the main squad. The U18's work harder and end up winning 2-1. Cooper to Pickering on a set piece for a headed goal was the main squad's only success.

No one got hurt though.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote