View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 11:51 AM   #711
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

July 2026 - Transfer Window

Transfers IN - Senior Team

DC - Renato Silverio - £6,250,000 (From Partizan) - 21 years old, Brazil
MR - Roberto Terlizzi - £3,000,000 (From Sampdoria) - 19 years old, Italy

We are pretty content overall with our main roster so I only bring in two depth additions, with Renato Silverio being the most interesting. The 6’ 4” monster has great potential (3.5 stars) and can easily step into a major backup role right away and perhaps a main starting role in the near future. He’s got more skill than fellow centre halfback Adrian Torres and I’m excited to see what he can do.

Roberto Terlizzi has limited potential (1.5/3.0) but has the requisite speed I desire from wingers and will be a third choice right midfielder.

Transfers IN - U18 Team

ST - Josh Fairclough - £9,500,000 (From Reading) - 16 years old, England
MC/MR - Borja - £8,000,000 (From Valencia) - 17 years old, Spain
DC - Omar Valle - £2,900,000 (From AS Saint-Etienne) - 15 years old, Spain
DR - Gary Richards - £1,700,000 (From Liverpool) - 16 years old, England
GK - Ian Martin - £1,700,000 (From Arsenal) - 16 years old, England
DC - Emmanuel Gonzalez - £1,400,000 (From Independiente) - 17 years old, Argentina
MC - Aythami - £1,200,000 (From Espanyol) - 16 years old, Spain

DC - Siaka Dargani - Free - 18 years old, Burkina Faso
MR - Chris Jones - Free - 18 years old, Wales
MC - Dale Swan - Free - 18 years old, England
GK - Joelson Gerard - Free - 18 years old, Madagascar

I spend the majority of my transfer budget on some great prospects. Josh Fairclough, dubbed “the new Michael Owen”, is a 4.0 star potential forward and like Marcus Sowter from last year, the best English striker prospect on the market. I can never get enough of them! Fairclough has incredible speed and I’ll let him develop this year with our U18s.

Midfielder Borja is quite a talent, already at 2.0/4.0 and he’ll be someone to watch going forward.

Omar Valle, Gary Richards, Ian Martin, Emmanuel Gonzalez and Aythami all have 3.5 star potential and were well worth their transfer fees. They will play with our U18s as well.

The remaining four players we picked up on free transfers are depth acquisitions for our U18 club, with potentials ranging from 1.0 stars to 2.5 stars. None will likely make much of an impact for us down the road.

Final Thoughts Before the Season Begins

Coming off the greatest individual season in Barclays Premier League history, where we won 33 of 38 games, losing only one and setting records in points (103) and goals for (119), there’s really nowhere to go but down.

Our team is exceptionally strong across the board but I’m very mindful of the fact that we’re aging and will soon need to start overhauling our roster.

Salim Loucif once again would be counted on to provide leadership and as such, maintains the captain’s armband for another year. Chiquinho is our vice-captain.

We dominate our pre-season games, winning seven and drawing one (against AS Monaco in their stadium).

We’d actually lose just prior to the start of the Premier League campaign, losing on penalties to Manchester City in the Community Shield but we outplayed them for the majority of that contest and still had plenty of confidence heading into our season opener, an away contest against Liverpool.

We’ll continue to go with a flat 4-4-2 with a control mentality for most of our games, sprinkling in the odd 4-2-3-1 formation along the way.

We are healthy as we head into the main part of the schedule and there are a couple of players who have muscled their way into our plans as starters as we being the campaign. Mwemere Mutesa was very strong last year splitting time with Rayane Hamon and will take over as our main starter alongside Claudio Contreras this year. Also, former Wonderkid Neil Cairney has overtaken Jose as a starter in midfield alongside Benedikt Raab. Jose came to camp out of shape once again but will still be our main man off the bench at midfield.

Here is our starting lineup for game one of the 2026-27 season, where we look to defend our Premier League title:

GK - Ingo Wilke
D - Renato Gaucho - Claudio Contreras - Mwemere Mutesa - Salim Loucif
M -Arsene Bamba - Neil Cairney - Benedikt Raab - Gianluca Bolis
ST - Paul Moses - Chiquinho
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote