View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 03:14 PM   #272
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
You seem to be struggling this year, when it seemed you would be a lot better after adding Mayo. Do you know what the issue is?

I think I'm struggling in the games I play a bit more b/c of slider changes. I don't think we should have been as successful last year. I lowered my shooting sliders a bit and the change to the hustle sliders seem to be having the proper effect(superstars w/ super high hustle ratings not getting tired as easily), so when I play the Lakers Kobe is capable of dominating the game, etc.

As for our struggles in simmed games, I have no answer. Last year we were one of the best 2 or 3 home teams in the league. This year we are something like 7-10 at home. My starting lineup is nearly the same as it was last year but I made lots of other changes in free agency, and I brought in new coaches. I don't know if those two things are having some sort of unintended effect, or if we were just very lucky last season and very unlucky this season.

I didn't expect us to compete for a top seed against Cleveland just yet, but I didn't expect to struggle to make the playoffs either. Perhaps there is a high amount of variance in simmed results, much higher than I was used to in college hoops, etc... see Toronto leading the East early on, their team is awful on paper.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote